Friday, April 9, 2010

Thank God It's Friday!

Morning Glory

It's Friday! It's time to take stock of the weekly activites and see where you are and what you've accomplished; the mistakes you've made and the ones you didn't. Most of all I believe Friday is a day of thanksgiving. We should give thanks everyday but there is something about Friday that makes me feel extra thankful.

Maybe it's the fact that I and my family and those close to me, made it safely through the week. No accidents and very few incidents. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have to face a work day the next day or maybe it's because I know that at sunset on Friday the Lord's Sabbath starts."O day of rest and gladness" I look back at the week and see where God has brought me from and I am glad. I see the mistakes, I see the pitfalls, but I don't dwell on them because I see where God has brought me from and I am thankful.
We spend so much time concentrating our attention on the negatives- and believe me I know- that we lose sight of all the blessed positives.

Why not spend this Friday dwelling on where God has brought you from. I believe the saying "Thank God it's Friday" will take on a whole new meaning.
Make this Friday a day of thanksgiving.

Be blessed
GretaMichelle


Meditate:

Psalm 103
...Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits...

Do take a few minutes to read:

Psalm 103


Reflect:

What has God done for you lately? Yes I want you to make a list and check it twice.
I don't bet but if I did I would bet you you run out of room on the paper and have a really big Alleluia moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.