Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Mud Pit


I spent the week away from my writing, even away from my bible and communion with God. I was wallowing. Lately I've been feeling a little lost and not in control of my activities. I find myself more often than not doing things I don't want to do and while I know I have to do them now I feel the burden of them strongly. So I wallowed and complained to God and forgot to be thankful in everything, and forgot that all things work together for good.

We all have those kind of days. We all find ourselves in the mud pit. The key though, is to recognise it early and get out. Remaining there robs us of the joy that God has given and the peace that surpasses all understanding. Staying there turns us into inhabitants of the pit and therefore strangers to God. It took me an entire week to get out. To tell you the truth, I wanted to wallow a little bit, because I felt that God was taking too long to make some changes happen. But that isn't healthy especially when you have someone smaller looking at you as the example. So I came out. I am still trying to get the mud off and centre myself once more.

That pit of despair can off set us at any time. The enemy of souls will use any opportunity to turn us around. Be sober and vigilant. Keep your eyes on the hope of your salvation and let your prayer ever be "Lord keep me faithful" Amen.

Be blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:

1Peter 5:6-11

Why not take a few minutes to read:

Psalm 121

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.