Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To Every Season

Salvador Dali, the Persistence of Memory, 1931
oil on canvas, 9.5x13"  Museum of Modern Art, New York


My post is late today, due to militating circumstances. Circumstances that were not beyond my control; circumstances that I opened the door to because of the choices I made this morning and how I have been using my time. I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to do what I have started; post every morning, because, even though I don't know if anyone is or who is reading my posts, I cannot simply just leave it up to ignorance and not post.

This started me on a reflective on how I use the time that I have been given. How much of my time; the time that I lost for one resason or another could have been put to better use; could have been spent with my family; my daughter doing something that would have affirmed her or given her the assurance that what she was interested in was important. How much work- meaningful work could have been accomplished, how many people I could have ministered to in one way or another, how many paintings I could have painted, how many... how many...

Time is something we definitely take for granted. We seem to think that it's an entitlement; something we have earned the right to, therefore, something that we can use in an ad hoc manner. The reality is time just as anything else we have is a gift; a gift given by the grace of God. A chance to make right the mistakes of yesterday, a chance to renew our commitment to God, a chance to show our family and neighbours love. The bible says that tomorrow is not promised to us; all we have is the now (Hebrews 4:7).

Are we going to go through life living with regrets because we squandered the time that God gave us or are we going to show gratitude for the gift by making every minute count; by making every minute a beautiful gift to someone else by sharing our time with them, doing something that will make our lives well lived?

Be blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:

Ecclesiastes 9: 10
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest

Why not take a few minutes to read:

Ecclesiastes 9

Reflect:

how do I use my time? How can I make better use of my time? Am I showing grattitude to God for the time that He has given me by using it wisely and making informed choices that will secure my tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.