Sunday, March 21, 2010

That's What Faith Says

Briton Riviere, Daniel in the Lion's Den

There are times when God is silent; when it seems as though He has no intention of answering and He seems literally a million miles away. It is at these times I need Him most and it is at these times I feel as though He is far away and I'm stumbling around in the dark mire that is life with all its hiccups and train wrecks.

What should I do? Should I turn away? Find another solution? What should I do? I'm to be still and know (Psalm 46:10). What do I do? Well, I am not one for standing still. Quiet I can take in huge doses but standing still? Right now that's what He wants me to do. There are many conflicting voices in my head. If I don't stand still I might listen to the wrong one and do the wrong thing; make the wrong move.

So I am standing still. The urge to twitch, to move, to take charge is strong but, my belief that God will speak; that He will answer has to be stronger. I have to see the cloud the size of a man's hand and know that it will rain in the midst of the drought. I must praise God for the deliverance from the thorn in my flesh even while it pricks and pains. That's what faith says. That's what faith does. Faith sits still and rests until the matter is resolved by the God who does not rest until it is resolved.

Be blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:

Ruth 3:18
Then said she, sit still, my daugher, until thou know
 how the matter will fall: for the man will not be in rest,
 until he have finished the thing this day.
Why not take a few minutes and read:

Psalm 46

Reflect:

Can I honestly say that rushing headlong has been the source of unerring success?
If the answer is "no" Why do I still do it? Wouldn't it just be better to be still and know?

1 comment:

  1. i think this is a very good write you have writen here keep it up. GOOOOOOOD FORRRRRRRRR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.