Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stand Your Ground!


The Lord impressed me with three words this morning as I wrestled with my little goliath. They are "Stand Your Ground" the title of todays post. Often times we allow the people that matter to us most; big and small to blackmail and compel us to deviate from our God-appointed goal. Now it's important to be able to make allowances and be prepared to compromise for family members but it should never be at the expense of our principles nor at the expense of our relationship wtih God.

My message today is simple and short. If you know that what you are doing is what God asks of you , stand your ground. If God has given you a task or a vision and you are sure that it is from God, stand your ground. If you have to say no to a loved one about something that God has revealed to you could be harmful to him/her, say no in love but stand against the buffeting winds of accusation and whines of betrayal. Eventually they will get it and apologise to you or not, but most importantly, you would have earned God's favor; which is even more than silver and gold.

Your family needs to depend on you to hold fast to the things that are good; the things that are godly, even if that means denying them. (Yes I did say denying them)

Be blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:
1Thessalonians 5:21
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Why not take a few minutes to read:

Matthew 10

Reflect:

Matthew 10:37 says that if we love our parents or our children more than we love God, we are not worthy of Him. What does that mean? Is Christ saying  that to love them is wrong?
If not, then how should we love them? Why should love to God be first? (Matthew 6:33)

2 comments:

  1. hi greta
    I am really appreciating ur blog. I need to share this blog with my friends. After reading tiday's dev. Proverbs 28:23 came to mind. just thought i wld share.
    PS on a softer side experience has taught me to ask God when and/or how when having to stand my ground or reprove.
    Hilda Deborah Regina Halls-Julien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah,
    I am blessed and rejoice in God that you are finding hope and cheer in the words God gives me daily to share. Yes it is definitely crucial that before we do anything we need to ask God and know what His plans for us are. Thank you for sharing here and for sharing with your friends.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.