Sunday, March 28, 2010

OThat Gift!



Have you ever received an unexpected gift? I imagine you must have been surprised and pleased. You probably wondered what you had done to deserve that gift; that reward. You couldn't think of anything so you wondered if it was really for you and you were assured yes, this is yours. I am sure you must have treasured that, especially if it was something beautiful; something you had really wanted and wasn't able to get for yourself. Someone thought of you and cared for you enough to observe what you needed and provide it without you asking.

There is such a gift, available now, just like that. It's more than something we always wanted. It's something we need because the truth is, we cannot get it for ourselves no matter how much money we have.
Can you imagine doing nothing good; nothing right and someone still loving and wanting you and setting aside a place for you; giving up His place so you could have a place? Forgiveness, for you, even before you ask for it? Mercy extended before you recognise you need it? Will your spouse do that? Your children? What about your best friend?

God did just that. The bible says that "...where sin  abounded, grace did much more abound." (Romans 5:20 Wow! Imagine that! So no matter how horrible my wrong I have forgiveness. I have the gift of grace. I ddin't do anything to deserve it and no matter what I do I cannot earn it. Yet, I have it, for God has set it aside, just for me. I do not know Him, but He knows meyet loves me still and has set aside mercy just for me. I have, you have, we all have forgiveness, healing, new life, abundant life, eternal life. All we have to do is accept; all we have to do is come.

Be blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,
that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Why not take a few minutes to read:

Isaiah 53 (Grace in action)

Reflect:

If forgiveness and love from God are things we do not deserve, yet He gives freely, what are we doing to extend the same to others who may have wronged us or hurt us and by human standards, do not deserve our mercy?
If God extends grace to us, shouldn't we be willing to extend it to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.