Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grace in Times of Weakness


There is a verse that I claim very often. It has become a lifeline promise on those days when the world seems huge and the problems seem like giants. "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."(IICorinthians 12:9)

Weakness. We all get slapped with it at one point or another. We feel sapped physically because we have been going and going without pausing to take in the much needed fuel. That fuel is both the physical and spiritual. We get to a point where we feel we cannot do anymore, we cannot take anymore and we are ready to call it quits. Then there are the times when it seems as if we can't do anything right. We are battling against long ingrained habits and situations that make us feel as though we are failures. What about dealing with death and illness? Sin has so marred our world that it seems everyday we are faced with loss.

This is where grace comes in. God's grace takes over when we cannot go any further. The famous poem "Footprints in the Sand" says it best: the times when there are only one set of footprints in the sand God is carrying you.
Grace carries us; picks up the slack in our lives; whether it is in the daily humdrum or the major crashes. Grace takes over when we have gone as far as we can go. Grace sees our insuffiencies, imperfections  and scars and loves us anyway.

I have experienced that grace at work so many times that I now cling to God because I know that He will indeed cover me when I am naked and ashamed because of some habit or situation, or feel alone when I face loss and crisis.
Let the grace of God cover you today.

Be blessed

GretaMichelle

Meditate:

footprints in the sand  (click me)

Why not take a few minutes to read:

IICorinthians 12




Reflect:

The times when you felt weak and overburdened and you called out to God and you felt His strength infusing you. Maybe you didn't call out to Him but still felt an inexplicable  injection of energy.
What about the times when you made it through a tragic situation: a death or an illness, divorce or a wayward child running away It just wore you out, and you just don't know how you made it; you don't know how you held it together.
As you reflect on these occasions why not take the time now to say thank you Lord for being my sufficiency; my strength. Thank you Lord for carrying me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.