Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God Does Not Make Mistakes!!

I did not possess a lot of confidence in myself as a child. I was cruelly and continuously teased by some of my classmates in high school. That, coupled with other experiences, left scars whose depth I didn't recognise until I was an adult and had to deal with other issues that threatened to push me over. By nature I am not much of a talker. I prefer to listen, to observe. Writing and painting are my preferred means of communication. People might think I'm a snob; some have thought so for years. That may sometimes be the case but, I am by nature shy. Meeting people for the first time is a difficult thing.

I share this information with you because as a teacher, I encounter a lot of different personalities and one thing is clear in most of them. Their self-esteem, their confidence has taken such a blow that the only way to make themselves feel better is to act out and make others feel bad. Some take refuge in promiscuity, still others becomes junkies and addicts to one thing or another. Then there are those who prefer to just melt into the background and disappear. Our world is fast becoming a place of pain and fear and if we do not wake up and get with it it will soon be run over by pain and fear.

How do we arrest it? Simple. Follow the guidelines set down in the greatest best seller ever written; the bible. Start with our children. Affirm them everyday as often as you can. Not to make them haughty but to make them feel loved and appreciated. By doing this we teach them to respect themselves and others.
Affirm your husband, affirm your wife. Bosses, affirm your employees, teachers affirm your students.
Just in case you think God does not affirm us I leave you with some gems on which to ponder. When He said them, He was thinking of you.

Surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Jeremiah 29:11

But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob (insert your name) he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine......
Because you are precious in my sight and honoured, and I love you...  Isaiah 43: 1-7

O Lord you have searched me and known me... I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... Psalm 139

Being confident in this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you, will preform it until the day of Jesus Christ.  Philippians 1: 6 (KJV)

These are just a small indication of what God thinks of you. Why not search the scriptures and find more. Learn the truth that you are not a mistake. God does not make mistakes. You were thought of even before your parents thought of you; you were loved even before they loved you.

Be blessed.

GretaMichelle.

Reflect:

Take time to find some more promises and claim them as your own. When you feel the need for an injection of Godly confidence you can pull one out and claim it as your own.
Take the time to share one with someone else who may also need an injection of God confidence today.

2 comments:

  1. Of course yes!!!
    If God makes mistakes, then he is not god !!!

    Have a nice day.....

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.