Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sampling

O taste and see that the Lord is good Psalm 34: 8

When I was much younger my aunt would bring samples of Avon products home when she came to visit from Canada. For years during my make up phase,that was my lipstick of choice in the cute little white capsules. I liked them because since I wasn't into bags yet, I could stick them in the pocket of my jeans and be assured of instant touch ups whenever I wanted. The years went by and my interests changed but I stll liked Avon products because of my experience with those samples.
I went from liking makeup to shoes. Now I enjoy trying on or buying- depending on what I can afford to do-a well-made pair of shoes. My friends and I would exchange shoe information on where we got this pair or that and sometimes complete strangers would stop me and ask where I got my shoes.




David had discovered a good thing. He had discovered that God was good. Not just alright or okay, God was good. How did he do that? He tried Him for himself. He didn't just depend on what someone else was saying, he tried God for himself. He took God at His word, took the breath and stepped out into the unknown and discovered the unknown wasn't so scary or strange. It was actually better than where he had been. Because he discovered that a relationship with God had the potential to be life changing and wholesome, he proclaimed "O taste and see..."

Come see for yourself. I've got a good thing going here and I want to share it with you. I've found the secret to success and I want to share it with you. Come and taste and see. God is good!

Be Blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:

Psalm 37: 25,26
I have been young and now am old; yet
have I not seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging for bread.
He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and His seed is blessed.


Why not take a few minutes to read:

Psalm 37

Reflect:

On the experiences that may have led you to discover that God is good.
Why not share one with us?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.