Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ripples -part 1

"Another earthquake! 8.8 this time" I shouted to my husband as I logged on to my blog."This time Chile" It seemed every Monday morning there was a new disaster looming on the horizon. You couldn't go to bed without wondering what the morning would bring. I read further and saw that tsunami warnings were given for certain areas in the Pacific. The list read: South America, Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, Russia... I wondered at the distance between Russia and Chile. You just have to love technology. Information at the click of your fingers. I logged on to good old google and was told it's 8790 miles. Really?

If Chile could be so far away and still cause such a result when they experienced their disaster, think about what I can do when I do or say. The ripple effect. It's something we seldom think about; and when we do it's to make sure that whoever's on the receiving end gets theirs.It went out the window along with loving our neighbour and doing unto others.

For those who may be wondering what I'm talking about it's this. What I do, or you do, effects someone else;  today or tomorrow. Our actions have consequences and it behooves us to think about the what and the how before we get to the do or say. "But why should I think about him or her? They din't think about me when they did or said"  We think about them because it's the right thing to do. We think about them because in thinking about someone else we teach others to grow and be good and we help our physical and emotional health and well-being.

Isn't that what Jesus taught when He left the glory of Heaven and came down here to die for us? He could have remained where He was. God could have made new people; after-all He made them the first time. Jesus looked down through time and saw that you and I would be born and would need  help to be happy; truly happy. He gladly gave up His life so that you and I could have life and have it more abundantly. (John 10:10) That's the ripple effect.

Be Blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they [you]  may have life, and have it abundantly.

Why not take a few minutes to read:

John 10

Reflect:

On the ripples in your life; the experience you may have had when someone actions, good or bad caused you even now, to think and behave differently. How can you now translate that into another change? A change where you now judge the potential your actions will have on others?

Remember the ripples your words and input will have and share a thought.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. The ripple effect of our behaviour can greatly influence how easy or hard it is for someone else to experience victory.
    We need to remember however, that victory and stability can be achieved regardless of the ripples or tidal waves (where ever, their origin may be), that roll up on our coast. I read about a rock that can effectively resist the largest and most powerful tsunami. I want that rock along my coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is correct. We can achieve victory in spite of our surroundings and our situations. Unfortunately not everyone thinks they are strong enough, and some use their current situation as a crutch to remain where they are.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.