Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Palmer

Palmer




The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? ... Psalm 27



My grandmother was always an inspiration to me. She was the one who first taught me to appreciate art and creativity using my hands. She used to take me to her craft classes at the Community Centre and she was the one who taught me to crochet, and to bake and to love cooking.

One thing I really admired her for. Palmer, as I sometimes called her, loved her Jesus.

She definitely taught me how to trust God. You see she was eighty-nine years old when she suffered her second stroke. The first one robbed her of her speech and some of her motor skills. The second one took a little more of her speech and some of her old memories, so now she doesn’t remember what a passion- fruit is and has to figure out the date.

What I love though is that even though she had to struggle to sound words or be understood, her sense of humour was still intact and you had no doubt what she was saying when she lifted her hands in the air and looked toward the heavens.

Her favourite psalm was Psalm 27: “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? ....” and I have no doubt that when I see her again, she will be saying her psalm and lifting her hands to the Lord.

Gives us pause in our complaints doesn’t it?

Be Blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:
Psalm 27:1

Why not take a few minutes to read:
Psalm 27

Reflect:
Can I still praise God even though things aren't going the way I want it to?
Choose five things/situations and praise God for them now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.