Thursday, February 25, 2010

I've Got This -part one

I have had days when it seemed like everything I touched prospered. My Christian experience was aglow with promise and all was well between God and me. I gloried in being a Christian then. I was victorious; I was invincible.

Then there are the other days. When it seems as though I had the black touch and nothing went the way it was supposed to. I have overslept so I literally have to jump off the bed. Of course I'm going to be late so God will understand and forgive me for not taking the time to tell Him thank you for life yet again; for another opportunity to get 'it' right, to be with my family. By now I've stumped my toe several times. Time has speeded up and I have slowed down. I am now officially late and empty. I am going to leave the house and dare to go into a school with young people -empty; to teach young people; be an example for young people, empty. As the hours progress I am being all the more frustrated by an insolent child, an unreasonable colleague or parent and anything else that is thrown at me and they are coming fast and furious. There is no end. What do I do?

Then there are times when I'm not empty. I have allowed God to fill me for the day. I have experienced a high time in worship and leave for work excited and rearing to go. Then Wham! Trouble has tracked me down.

Elijah had one of those types of experiences. Fresh from his victory over the prophets of Baal, where people saw the power of God, Jezebel sends him a message that has him fleeing into the wilderness. He believes God has given him more than he can handle, the people have forsaken him and he curls up feeling dejected and sorry for himself and asks to die.What did he do? He allowed God to calm him down, nourish him and revive him.He listened to God's voice; not the voice in the wind,or the earthquake or the fire, but the voice that was still and small; the voice that reminds him "Why are you fretting over this woman's words? Don't you know I've got this?"

On one such occasion God gave me a still small voice that reminded me that He will not give me more than I can bear. He will, with the temptation make a way of escape so that I and you can bear it. (1Corinthians 10: 13). That's what He told Elijah. That's what He's saying to you today. Just hold on a little longer and watch Him work it out. 
                             
                                                                                                                                     Tree on the Rock

Be Blessed
GretaMichelle


Meditate:
1Kings 19: 11,12

And He said, go forth, and stand upon
the mount before the lord. And behold, the lord
passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the
mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before
the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and
after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was
not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was
 not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

Why not take a few minutes and read:

1Kings 18

Reflect:

On one occasion that God came through for you when you felt like throwing in the towel and giving up. You may not have thought it was God, but now, looking back you can reflect on the fact that it was a situation that did not present any possible solutions or resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.