Friday, February 26, 2010

I've Got This - Part 2

Yesterday, one of the things we were reminded of was that God will not give us more than we can bear but will, with the temptation, make a way for us to escape so that we will be able to bear it.(1 Corinthians 10:13) In other words, God is telling us: "why do you think you have to be in control of everything? Why do you think I'll leave you to flounder?"
During my Christian walk (I really can't say early on. This was one of the hardest things for me to learn) I made a little discovery; come to think of it it wasn't so little at all. It was a big discovery because it changed how I operated. The discovery was this. The times when a situation became out of control and really oppressive were the times when I decided that I was going to 'fix things' You know those times.
We may have prayed or analysed or sought advice, whatever it is we do, seen and heard that in order for it to work out we had to leave it alone or give the other person some time to cool down before approaching him or her or save a little while longer. We would have decided that that approach wasn't good enough; it wasn't what we wanted to hear because it wasn't what we wanted to do, so we needed to step in;to do something to 'help' or the one that I was guilty of  most frequently: God is taking too long so I need to do something now. He's probably busy with someone else's affairs because mine isn't that important.

I always imagine that God looks at us like we do our kids when we know that all they need to do is be patient and we watch them try to force things and we sigh and cringe inwardly because we have already suggested that they wait but to no avail. So we now have to stand by and look on and wait for the cry: "Mom!" (No offense guys but you know most often that's the cry and hey I'm female) Why is it we always know how they should behave but we don't seem to think the advice is good enough for us anymore because we're older and wiser. Are we though?

Anyway, I learnt that lesson the hard way; trying to 'fix' what I thought I could and ended up making the situation worse; even more uncomfortable than it had already been. All I had needed to do was wait a little while longer and let God do. All I had needed to remember is that I am important to God. Everything about me; even the little things in my life, is important to Him.
I can go on and on on this topic but I'll leave off here in anticipation of part three.

Just remember one thing today: You don't have to handle everything on your own. God is handling everything for you. You just have to let Him. When you do you will be like trees on the rock: The waves are beating all around you but you stand firm.
Be Blessed
GretaMichelle

Meditate:
1 Corinthians 10: 13 (HCSB)
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity.
God is faithful and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what
you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of
escape, so that you are able to bear it.

Why not take a few minutes to read:
Isaiah 43: 1-19
Reflect:

The time you may have been in a situation that you couldn't handle and you trusted God to take care of it. How did He come through? If He came through then, don't you think He'll come through all the other times? What do you think? I would love to hear. Why not leave a comment under this reading.

If you've never trusted God before to handle anything in your life, what's stopping you from giving Him a chance now?

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this reminder Jesus is the MVP on my side and He's got the moves. It gives me a sense of peace, confidence and a type of "things-will-be-alrightness" that is difficult to ignore. TODAY WILL BE GREAT! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important to me. It makes writing worthwhile.